Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Small Celebration

I'm not much of a video person, so I took this photo this morning to celebrate International Typewriter day. I wanted to have a typecast to share, but really, haven't had much of interest to say.

I did however, figure that it was high time I added in some of that knitting I mentioned in the new blog tagline, especially since I finished up that baby sweater this week. Originally, I was using Debbie Bliss' Lace Edge Cardigan pattern, but really, this sweater is about as divorced from the original as it is possible to get. Due to gauge, I cast on about 50% of the recommended stitches (I used a worsted yarn, I think, rather than a light fingering. The name escapes me, but it's eco-cotton or something, available at Joann Fabrics), and due to time I went with a scalloped crocheted edging rather than the lace because it would have taken me forever to figure out how to alter it to the size I needed (I also had to scale the pattern itself down ever so slightly to get a newborn to 3 month size sweater versus the 3-6 months which was the smallest size in the book, Simply Baby.

The sweater will go to the new mama tomorrow, just before I have a celebration of my own: my birthday is tomorrow, so I'll be having a couple of friends over for dinner. Between now and then, I've got a lot of work to do, especially since this is my last week at my current job before starting the new one. Got my hours today, very exciting. And now I must get back to work! No more internet slacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment