Friday, June 24, 2011

Typespotting and shopping

I wasn't planning on blogging today, but I just got back from the bank. In their window display they had two typewriters--an Oliver 9 (much cleaner than my own), and an Underwood portable that wasn't fooling anyone about it's ability to actually type, since the type bars were sticking up at strange angles and the lid was cockeyed. Wanted to take a picture but I believe photography is frowned upon in banks so I resisted the urge (couldn't get a good shot from the front of the building, anyway).

On the way back from the bank, I had to stop at Walmart and picked up a CD for my mom. Found a Dean Martin disc for $5 and couldn't resist. She loves Dean Martin. And of course, my present to myself was 2 Fast and 2 Furious, so now I have the entire franchise on DVD, with the exception of the new one that just came out. I'm thinking there will be a marathon later tonight when my friends come over for dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment