Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cowled



Lo and behold, I've been knitting. I whipped up two neck warmers in the past week or so because the archaeological superintendent's building is frickin' freezing. I like v-necks, but my neck and throat are always cold, and my scarf is too bulky for leaning over 2000+ year old ceramics. I have no idea what yarn I used, but the base yarn for each one is a wool blend (the black is wool bamboo, and it's so soft!). By "Wool blend", I mean that it has less than 60% wool, because otherwise I'd be breaking out like crazy. The blue one is still a little scratchy; I don't know if I'll be able to keep wearing it.

I held the wool yarn together with a strand of turquoise and purple linen/cotton ribbon yarn (no idea what it is, either; it didn't have a label when I bought it. It's Italian, though). The neck portion is just k1 p1, and then I shortrowed the portion to cover my chest until it hit my collar. So far, they're working wonders, and cleaning ceramics is much more enjoyable when I'm not shivering.

***

The first thing I did this morning was finish reading Jekyll and Hyde, which I don' recommend. It was a very depressing way to start the day. I really like Stevenson's style, but I think I'm going to have to mix something slightly more cheery in with this collection of short stories.

***

The writing is still stalled. None of my current projects hold much appeal. I need a break from Cassie for a while. In Alice's words, I don't just need to let her get cold, I need to put her on ice. All of my other writing UFO's require severe editing with a plot ax before I can continue with them, and it's a job I don't want to get into at the moment.

***

And thus concludes what is quite possibly my first ever entry to include all three of the subjects this blog is supposed to be about: writing, knitting, and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment