Sunday, May 1, 2011

Type Spotting Sunday

There hasn't been a typecast in a while, and probably won't be for at least a few more weeks for a couple of reasons. First, with both of my parents home all day, every day now, I don't have a lot of alone time to write one. For some reason, I'm the only one in the house who doesn't find the sound of a typewriter annoying. (Prince Henry is most offended by this)

Second, there just hasn't been a lot of typewriter action happening. Between by budget and my storage space, I don't have room for new typewriters. And until the '53 gets moved out of the garage for car show season, I don't have any place to work on Oliver. I'm thinking that at some point I'll post their conservation profiles as pages, but there are a LOT of photos involved, so that will likely wait a little while, as well. I'll see about putting them into a slide show and uploading it to youtube so make it more concise.

I did, however, spot another Royal KMM (Henry's twin) in an episode of Charmed I was watching last night. It's Season 1, Episode 17, That 70's Episode.

I squeed and had to go back at snap a pictures. It's amazing that I missed it after the number of times I've watched Charmed, but then again, prior to this past Christmas I wasn't exactly looking for typewriters.

Oh, and if you are a type-writer loving techie, I did spot a laptop cover with a vintage-looking screenprint of an Underwood on it. I loved it, but I couldn't manage to pry the $38 out of my hot little hands, and they don't seem to have any more. Of course, it's not as expensive at slightly less-cute example I found by Thomas Paul. But my search of their website did turn up this typewriter and this sewing machine.

Have you made any cool finds this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment