Monday, May 2, 2011

Media Monday

So yesterday Mom and Dad got me watching a marathon of Auction Hunters, and I think I'm in love. I enjoy watching shows like Pawn Stars and American Pickers, but AH is now far and away my favorite treasure-in-trash/antiques/restoration show. It was just way more excititing for me to watch than the others (I keep waititng for one of them to find a fabulous old typewriter, but nothing yet. Though the Thomas Edison phonograph on one episode of AH had me totally stoked). Every time I watch one of those shows I have daydreams of working for one of them as a restorer. Sadly, I think the nearest one is 1500 miles away. I've found nothing in the state of Ohio.

---
If you've been on the internet at all today, you have probably heard about Osama Bin Laden. Considering some of the political content of this blog, you might be expecting me to say something pertinent. I'm not going to. Just because he's dead doesn't mean an end to terrorism. It doesn't mean people are going to stop dying, or we're going to pull out of the middle east. He's just another casualty--granted, he's one that we've been hunting down for almost ten years, and a rather famous casualty with a lot of blood on his hands, but he's not the end-all, be-all of the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment