Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Tribbles

I have come to the conclusion that I either need a professional in-house photographer, or daylight needs to last until at least 12 am. Of course, it would help if we had sunshine out here once in a while, since it's been cloudy and icky for the last few days.

In the mean time, I'm making do with a compact fluorescent in "Daylight" Although I'm beginning to suspect there's a problem with my new camera. I just bought it at Christmas, but it never seems to record colors accurately. I really don't want to break down and get a fancier camera, especially so soon after getting this one. I might even be forced to get a non-Fuji next time, which is sad since I love their cameras.

I managed to get a halfway decent (but boring) shot of my latest Nerd Wars submission. Tribbles have invaded Team Enterprise, and Maison du KM is no different.

I've also been going through some of the older projects I'd made patterns for, back when I first started the knitted journey. As much as I love these arm warmers (very steampunk!) I think I'm going to have to alter the pattern and retire the prototypes. What do you do with a failed prototype? Store it? How? Frog it? Donate it? I think for the remake I'm going to move to a thinner yarn (and something that isn't acrylic, at least not that breed of acrylic), and instead of crocheting all the way around I'll just to the scallops and knit the sides, working in eyelets for the ribbon. I'll add that to the ever-growing list of stuff I want to knit.

Currently Watching: What a Girl Wants
Currently Reading: Consequences (Torchwood novel)

No comments:

Post a Comment