Sunday, September 19, 2010

Getting it Done



I managed to loose my camera this week, which is inconvenient, but I can still use the house camera, which, honestly, while it’s bulky and kind of irritating to hook up to the computer, takes better quality photos since it’s professional grade and not a three-year-old point and shoot that’s going downhill fast. Not that you’d know it by my lack luster photography skills.

I’m halfway through my second pattern repeat on the London Calling sweater, VK Fall 2010. I decided it would be a good idea to look up errata at this point, and realized I’d already compensated for the minor errors I found. (If you’re knitting this sweater yourself, or plan to, the errata can be found here.)

I finished up the front of Mom’s summer sweater yesterday during my dad’s 50th birthday party. I’m thinking I’m going to have to increase in the shoulder area, but I’m going to double check the fit first. I just have the top of the back and the hood to do.

I’m about 75% done with the next yarn I’m posting in the shop. I’m hoping to have the spinning done before classes start on the 22nd so that I can do the plying. I want to have Mom’s sweater done by then too, so that I can just take dishcloths to school to work on--those will also be going in the shop. Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think is a fair price for a hand knit or crocheted dishcloth? I was thinking something in the neighborhood of $10-15, but I’m not sure yet. I might go a little lower for the knit ones, even though they take a little longer, because the crocheted ones are harder on my wrists.

Yesterday I got the Kindle files in for the first two Cassie Tanner novels, so when you order through Etsy, you can request either a regular PDF or a Kindle-ready file. Oh, and don’t forget, if you have an interest in the ebooks, I do have sample chapters up on fictionpress.net--the link is in my sidebar. Those can, as always, be viewed for free. All you need is an internet browser.

If you haven’t done so yet, please check out the shop. I have to earn a little money to cover the $440 I have to spend this week in textbooks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment