Saturday, January 16, 2010

Short Attention Span

I know that just about everyone has been talking about the earthquake in Haiti, but I thought I should mention it since I just sent in my little donation. If you would like to help out, and especially if you were following the Peace Project last year, then I hope you pop on over the The Yarn Harlot and let her know about your donation for Knitters Without Borders. (I am inept. I can't figure out how to put her button on the blog.)

Normally I tend to give time or objects, rather than money since I'm always broke, but this time tragedy struck at the same time I got my student loans, so I sent along what I could. It seemed especially important, since just last night I went shopping and bought more than I should. Here I am, buying things that I don't need, just for the fun of it, and there are thousands of people half a world away that might not have anything to eat tonight, who don't have a place to stay, who are wondering if their loved ones are dead or alive and have nothing but the clothes on their back. Please take a minute to think about how you can help. Even if you're a flat-broke college student, I'm sure that somewhere in your neighborhood someone is taking up a collection of food, clothing, or medicine to send to these people, so please take part.

***

So far I've only managed to read two books for my 2010 challenge, which puts me behind by three. I finished Souless by Gail Carriger last week, and I've started reading a collection of Robert Lewis Stevenson short stories, but I haven't gotten very far. I hope to finish it this weekend though.

***

The last month or so hasn't been that great for my writing stamina, but I'm getting back on track. I realized what the problem was with the latest book, and once I'd cut the thousand or so words that were standing in the way, things started to go much more smoothly.

***

The voices are being a bother again, reminding me that I have classes to study for and that I still don't know where I'm supposed to meet my DIS instructor on Monday. Also, I want to finish that book. I know that my reading goal for this year is 104 books, but I'm not certain that's going to happen. 52 is the minimum. And now that I'm starting to ramble in circles, I think it's time to go do something else. This is what I get for eating Sour Patch for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment