Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The End is Near

The end of the semester, that is. I won't bore you will all of the gory details, but here are some of the crafty/arty things I've been working on:

1. I had to buy wool for a class project. I only needed a little out of the 1 lb package, so the rest has been dyed and turned into roving (or is waiting to become roving). It's for sale in my etsy shop.
Here's a sample of one of them:


2. I started my Christmas presents. I'll post pictures when I'm done with all of them, but I have about 1 and a half sets finished.

3. I made a shirt for my construction class. Pictures of that and the stuff I've been dying will come shortly--I've been meaning to take pictures for over two weeks, but things have been really crazy with finals, so it hasn't happened yet. Maybe tonight.

4. I've really been enjoying working with paper, especially embroidering and embellishing it. Here are two of my latest pieces. As you can see, my photography skills have not improved. (In my defense, the lighting in our school studios is terrible.)


5. The student art sale was last weekend. I made $85, double what I would have made at work in the same amount of time (more, actually). I also sold some scarves and things that I've been trying to get rid of for a couple of years. I'll be back in the spring, with loads of silk to sell, hopefully.

Well, I think that's all the really major stuff. The Peace Project is coming along, but not as quickly as I'd hoped. I'm revising the construction (again) so that I can use my machine for at least part of the work and speed things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment