Monday, July 21, 2008

Christmas in July

Sheesh, I've really been slacking off on this whole writing thing.

I swear, everything sort of came together today.

For the last few months (okay, maybe a year or two. Or three), I've been wanting to get a new TV. The one I had was a cheap off brand I got when I turned sixteen. The picture has always been dark on it, and the sound has been absolutely horrible for a while now; i couldn't even tell that the singer on the closing theme song of a movie I was watching was female, it was that bad.

So this morning I broke down and got a new one. It's a 19" Phillips and weighs about 1/3 of what my 15" Sanyo did. I christened it by watching the first disk of the first season of Charmed, which I also got while I was at Walmart.

I stopped by the PO box and found a new flag tucked in there--Qatar, from Spirals, as well as well as the first volume of the Blood Ties novels, a gift from Mackenzie's Momma. Then, when I checked the mail at the house, I discovered my box from Borders had come, including a volume of Fruits Basket, two of Absolute Boyfriend, and the second Bridget Jones movie.

Of course, all of the swag isn't just for me. I've also updated my Etsy shop, so you can go find some things for yourself, too. I put up some jewelry pieces, and I'll have more in the coming days. I've got six days off over the next two weeks, so I'll be putting in a lot of crafting time. Go on over and check it out.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to roll in my swag and bask in the glow of an LCD TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment