Thursday, February 7, 2008

How did I miss this?

There have been many adventures happening the last few days, not all of them good. If you've been on yahoo recently, you probably heard about the Italian Parliment desolving. What we didn't know going in to this whole study abroad thing is that there is a parliment building less than a block from one of our school buildings. As Alice was leaving class this morning, she got caught up in what she described as a "very polite protest"--lots of well dressed Italians in leather and heels and fur shouting and holding signs, but no pushing or shoving or violence of any kind. Still when I had to go down that way this afternoon, I was a little anxious, especially when I stepped into a cafe for a croisant and there were three police officers having cappuchino.

The other day I got a bill from the school here in Italy stating that I owe them $4600 by tomorrow. What? Where did this come from? We cleared all of this up before I left, or so I thought. So now I am trying to coordinate between two bursars in two states and three offices on two continents, trying to figure out what the hell happened to this $4600.

There have been a few good things...I'm almost done with the embroidery for my first silk painting, and by this time next week I should have photos for you. Also by then, I should have the charger for my laptop, so not only will there be more pictures in these posts, but they might even become more regular. Though I have been posting more often since the Peace Project started.

Speaking of the Peace Project, over fifty flags have now been promised--we're 1/4 of the way there! But there is still a long way to go. Please share the link to the information with anyone you think might be interested. I would be thrilled if we could get 198 different people to sign up! Show the love!

Well, I am off. I need to figure out what happened to my missing money...

No comments:

Post a Comment