Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back in the Handbasket

The last few days have not been all that great. I've been trying to get together another loan, going back and forth between two (Completely unhelpful) colleges, my parents, and the loan company. Everything is on hold until Monday. Alice is having the exact same issue, so we're just praying we don't get sent home, since we already spent $1000 on nonrefundable tickets for our return trip.

This weekend, I am trying to relax and put all of that out my head since there is nothing I can do about it. I'm doing laundry, and that's about it. Yesterday I downloaded some MP3 versions of Dr. Who and Torchwood, as well as several podcasts. We don't have a working tv in the apartment, so our laptops have started to get overloaded with itunes movies and tv downloads. I also picked up Threadbanger, Fairy Knits, and The Knitting Newscast off of itunes. They give me something new to listen too. Even with 1.5 GB of music on my laptop, I still need something fresh every once in a while.

I'm getting ready to start the fourth ball of yarn on the Turkish Rib Tank top, which I decided will actually have cap sleeves. I'm about 80% finished with the embroidery on my first batik project, and should have photos of that shortly. The crocheted bag I started last week is down to just the flap and the strap, so I'll probably finish it during my creative writing class tomorrow, with the lining to come Tuesday, probably.

Alas, there shall be no knitting for me today. My wrists are acting up again, demanding that I take a day off from everything. So Today will be laundry, reading, and the odd podcast or two, if I can borrow the charger from Cho. Mine will (hopefully) be here tomorrow. With any luck customs won't have had a problem with it. They've already deprived me of my homemade cookies, they had better not have messed with my charger!

----
Peace Project News
----

As of this morning, we are now up to 60 sign ups. I would like to thank you all for your wonderful support.

I would also like to call attention to the fact that we have a Gay Pride and Pagan Pride flag, and would like to throw out an invitation to all who are interested to submit flags representing Christianity, Bhuddism, Hinduism, Shinto, Judaism, atheism, and Islam. There is no way to deny that throughout history, religious differences have been major causes of turmoil in our world. I would like to include these with the country flags (I think that I myself might take a flag to represent the asexuals, since we already have a gay pride flag. Got to represent the minorities, here).

While I was listening to old episodes of the Knitting Newscast, it occured to me that podcasts would be a great way to get the word out about this project. What podcasts do you listen to? Do you have one of your own? Please let me know so that I might drop them a line and see if they could promote the project. I have a few podcasts that I listen to, but most of them have not updated for quite a while, so I'm looking for new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment