Friday, October 18, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow



Normally, I’m a solid-color knitting kind of gal. I like simple things that go easily into my wardrobe. 

If I’m feeling feisty, then I whip out two-color knitting, or knit with a variegated and solid. 

Sometimes I use variegated or tonal yarns, but usually those projects end up being gifts for other people. If it tells you anything, most days at work I wear a solid, plain color tee shirt, and slacks.

 I’m very boring in real life.

But lately, I’ve got three projects that just have me giddy about color. Especially since I don’t have to do anything special to them to achieve the effect:





That’s right. I’m all about the rainbows right now.

I can’t divulge too many details about, since the two sweater bits pictured above are gifts for someone who may or may not read this blog.

The third project is also a gift.

For me.

It’s not technically a rainbow since it doesn’t follow the ROY G BIV color progression (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet for non-artist/science geeks)but you get the gist. It looks rainbow-y to me.

I have not taken photos of those yet, but will for next week now that they are actually starting to look like something.

These have been my bright spots in the midst of a very stressful week. I would say that I'm glad it's over, but I work all weekend so it isn't, really. Hopefully things will start looking up next week.
And since I just love the song (and the movie): 



No comments:

Post a Comment