Friday, September 6, 2013

What I Made on My Day Off

That would be the top portion of a quilt, made from my old work shirts. The patterned material is from my favorite pillow sham which met an untimely death.

Somehow, I wound up with exactly the right number of blocks. No leftovers, none missing. When I get more fabric, I'll add to it (this is about the right width for a twin bed, but only half the length), but considering my cashflow problems at the moment...that'll have to wait. I also have no idea how I want to finish it. Full quilting? Batting? Border? Or just slap a backing onto it and topstitch the edges (since I lack a quilting machine and I am not up to hand quilting).

So, quilt top: 1 day. Rest of the quilt? That will probably take a year or more.

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of work for a day off. Be adventurous and make a full fluffy quilt. It'll look great.

    ReplyDelete