Monday, November 26, 2012

Urg.

I'm in the home stretch for NaNo, and it's not going as well as I would like. I've been working long hours (thank you, Black Friday) so for the pas few days my routine has been work nine hours, come home, change clothes, go to the new place and clean for three hours, come home, eat something, pack, and then around nine pm I can start writing. At that point, I'm so tired that I've caught myself nodding off at the computer multiple times. I'm missed my target word count two days in a row, but I'm not panicked yet since I'm still on target to finish in time (barely). I will be so glad when this move is over.

It doesn't help that I've gotten to the tricky part of the story--the part that *wasn't* floating around in my  head before NaNo began, so I don't know what I'm doing. And for some reason my characters this time around are all Chatty Cathy's, bent on sitting around talking rather get getting up and getting things done. I think I need to blow something up. You know, just to give them something to do.

And now, it's off to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment