Friday, October 19, 2012

You've Got Mail

About a month ago, I signed up for a swap on Ravelry. Not just any swap, but one through my True Blood group.

For those unfamiliar with the idea, a swap works like this: You put your name on a list, fill out a quick profile (favorite color, any allergies, etc), and the moderator pairs you up with a partner. Each swap has a different set of rules. For this one, we had to spend at least $25 on yarn, and the theme was True Blood. Other than that, the sky is the limit. Meanwhile, someone else will get your name, and put together a package for you.

My package arrive last night, and I was so excited that I completely forgot to take pictures of the packaging. That's a shame since my swap partner went way above and beyond.


Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Since this was a TV/book themed swap, some of the questions in the profile regarded favorite characters and such. My favorite character in TB is Sam, owner of Merlot's Bar and generally just the nicest, most loyal guy you ever wanted to meet (he's also a shapeshifter, but that's another story). My partner put together this cute letter from Sam, about how all the goodies came from various characters in the books:


As you might have gathered, there were smaller packages inside the box. Package #1 contained this:

An anatomical knitted heart, "staked" by a pair of KnitPicks circular needles.

Package number two contained this cute little travel knit kit:


In the first picture, you can see that the cover has a picture of Sam on it, while the back is the "Welcome to Bon Temps" sign.


Inside was a mini crochet hook for fixing mistakes, a stitch holder, a yarn needle, and a collection of stitch markers bearing the character's faces.

In the last mini-package was this, a "faery charm" to ward of vampires:
This is the box the necklace came in:

Of course, there was also yarn, and a few other goodies as well:


Lipstick and matching lip pencil, in a vampy red I haven't tried out yet.

...Not to mention a couple bags of my favorite candies: Reese's miniatures and Sour Patch.

I think I'm set for quite a while! The only problem? I only got yarn and tea for the person who got my package. :( I feel like a lame partner now (though she was very appreciative and seemed to really like what I sent her. Even if I had a "duh" moment and forgot to include a letter. Yes, the typewriter fan forgot to include a letter. The irony is not lost on me).

Thanks, Phantasmagoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment