Friday, March 9, 2012

Loose Ends

1. It's official: I will be attending the Steampunk Symposium in Cincinnati next month. Costumes are mandatory, and I suspect that a typewriter and possibly my spinning wheel will be tagging along.

2. I have become addicted to a Canadian series called The Murdoch Mysteries. As far as I know, it doesn't air here in the states, so I've been watching it on Netflix, but only season 1 is available on streaming. I might just break down and buy the boxed sets, though I was rather unhappy to discover that even though 6 seasons have aired, only 3 have been released on DVD and season 4, for some reason, is only being released as a region 2 DVD set. Frustrating.

3. I finished Missouri's embroidery project last night, but have not been home during daylight hours, so I haven't gotten a good picture of it yet. Maybe this weekend.

4. I really enjoyed doing that series on writing. As you might have noticed, it made it easier to for me to focus my thoughts. So if there's something else you want to hear about, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting to go to Cincinnati. I learned something new today: Steampunk. Really something I should have known, or at least known about. It reminds me of so many of my interests I may do a post on it. It sounds like it would be really neat thing to get involved in or with. Now to find the time.

    Now for my display of ignorance of the art of sewing and craftiness with thread and cloth...embroidery is where the fancy designs are added to material by sewing with the (for my lack of a better term) the fancy thread? I remember ladies doing it when I was a child, but I may be confusing it with needlepoint. (now you have 2 subjects to teach me)

    I really enjoyed your series on writing. You had many good ideas and tips in them. I hope others found them useful.

    ReplyDelete