Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back in Black

Sometimes, it's hard for me to blog. Sometimes it's because I can't order my thoughts, or because there's something going on in my life that doesn't leave me time for the internet. Sometimes I'm just feeling low and don't want to spread the negative vibes, and other times there's just nothing going on in my life worth sharing. Sometimes, I'm anxiously waiting on news and don't trust myself not to post obsessively about it, so I have to avoid mentioning it altogether.

That last one is actually why there haven't been many posts for the last month and a half. I found an opening for what sounded like a dream job, applied, interviewed, and then had to sit on my hands for five weeks while I waited for a reply. I didn't get the job (I wasn't really expecting to, but I really, really wanted it and I think I'd be good at it), but that means I'm now free to resume my life prior to the last month, which I spent obsessively babysitting my email and cell phone, waiting for a response. Life in general was pretty much put on hold, since the job would entail moving out of state, and I didn't want to make plans.

That wait left me with a lot of time to knit, and the attention span of a sugar-addled squirrel, so I have a lot of projects in progress but none of them are finished. The two I'm focusing on at the moment are for Nerd Wars, which has started up again on Ravelry.

The first one is my Dissertation. It's a shell I'm knitting out of Knit Picks Comfy Fingering on size US2 needles. It might not look like much now, but I promise that's about 3-4 hours of knitting there (almost 400 stitches per round on tiny needles...why did I pick this project again?). The pattern is of my own design and inspired by one of my novels--which has a new title as of this week! I finally decided that Threadbare would do the trick, after flip flopping between several other (horrible) options. (This would be for the book previously known as Fortune's Fight.)

The other project I've been working on is another of my own designs, which has been sitting in my queue since I joined Ravelry. It's a hat based on the Quebec flag, intended to be work with my Oh, Canada! scarf. It's coming along pretty quickly on size 7 needles. I wasn't intending to use anything special for it, but I just couldn't say no to the glitz in the blue Caron Simply Soft Party.

I have to get back to all of those things I've been ignoring lately (like cleaning...and edits...), but I'll try to be more regular with my posting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment