Sunday, October 10, 2010

October Update


How can it already be the 11th? Really? I swear I just started school a few days ago.

The London Calling sweater continues to progress nicely. I have two more pattern repeats left (well, one and a half) and then I can start the armhole shaping. I've also started on my washcloth stash for Christmas presents, and I have a little portable knitting project out of some handspun that may or may not stay with me and may or may not be a scarf. We'll see how well I do with a superwash wool blend around my neck, and go from there. It might end up on Etsy if I decided that's just too sensitive of an area for me to wear wool (curse you, allergies!).

I did manage to find my camera and snap those pictures of the sweater, but my battery died before I could take a picture of the scarf. Which is a shame, because I'm really enjoying it. It's an entrelac pattern I downloaded from somewhere a few years ago, and I have to say, I love entrelac. It's easy, it's fun, and it provides just enough interest without being distracting. I was able to knit on it all through French with no problems.

I did manage to post a new yarn to the Etsy site this week. Red Brick Tavern is actually inspired by a place where I used to work, so it's kind of close to my heart in a way. It's superwash merino (undyed) mixed with some rose and navy bamboo.

In other news, I'm plugging away at the research for my column in the next issue of the CFM, which will be all about the spiritualism movement. I've found some interesting books, but looking at their so-called "spirit photography" it is so obvious that it was double exposures and some cotton fiber. It really is too bad that there were so many fakes during that time (and also now).

Well, my day job is calling and my paycheck won't earn itself (but how I wish it would!).

No comments:

Post a Comment