Friday, May 7, 2010

In One Piece

About a week after I got home, my bag showed up. Everything was intact, praise Hermes (not the cat, but I assume he would appreciate praise as well. "In ancient times, cats were worshiped as gods. They have not forgotten this." I beleive that's either Neil Gaiman or Terry Pratchet, but I'm not positive. Please correct me if you know for sure).

A few days after that last entry, I hurt my back. I tend to injur myself in the strangest ways, like when I fractured my ankle sophomore year when some idiot wasn't looking where he was going and hit me with the steel door in the ceramics lab. This time, we have no idea how, but I managed to pull a muscle in my upper back so hard than when it knotted up it pulled my spine out of alignment. And it didn't just knock things side to side, oh no. It actually twisted the vertebrae. I'm back to normal now, four weeks ahead of schedule, and just doing some follow up stuff with the chiropractor.

Two weeks after a decision was supposed to be made on the internship, I got a call from the person in charge asking if I wanted to interview for the position. I thought I'd already been eliminated, so I told my boss at Discount Retailer that I was ready to start back. I'm not actually on the schedule until Sunday, but still. I made other arrangements. I told her I'd interview, though. Still waiting on the results of that. She said I should know by today or tomorrow, but I'm not really expecting a response for another five days. Considering how long it took to get an interview (two weeks after they were supposed to have picked an intern), I'm not certain it's someplace I'd really want to work. Call me crazy, but I like it when people are on top of things.

And that is about it. I'm laying low while I wait for my first paycheck, and then I might have more intersting things to post about.

No comments:

Post a Comment