Friday, February 5, 2010

Books and Writing....The Usual.

I'm still behind on the 52/52 book challenge, but I did finish Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder last night. It's the last book of a trilogy, and I highly encourage any fantasy/action fans to pick it up. Ms. Snyder writes fascinating political systems, and I love all of her characters.

I do have three more books "on the needles" so to speak: Thunderbird Falls by C.E. Murphy, Gravewatchers by A.K. Alexander, and The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde and other Stories by Robert Louis Stevenson. In addition, I've got Frankenstein on my Kindle for iPhone/iPod app, and have been reading about a chapter a week when I'm on the bus on my way to the archaeology lab, but I don't expect to finish it anytime soon.

(Does it count if you read your own work as part of the editing process? Hm. Somehow, I think not.)

I'm starting to get back into the swing of things with Cassie; she hasn't been playing nice lately and I've been kind of stalled on her. I think what I may do the next time I hit that plateau is just take a few days to do some editing, and then try to outline her next few books. I'm really shocked that I'm halfway done with her third book, and still have more to say, even if I'm not yet sure how it should be articulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment