Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yay! No More Pain!

Thanks to my wonderful mother, a former OT, my knee no longer hurts. I guess I've been a bad girl, letting my quads get weak, so my knee cap decided to go for a little walk around the block without me. My mom has the same problem from time to time, so she popped it back into place (really, doesn't hurt as much as it sounds like it would), and told me to ice it and do some exercises, which I'm doing.

Called off work today...er, yesterday...because of the knee. Working nine hours on a bad knee is not something a recommend doing. Feeling up to going in later today, though.

Fixed the first sleeve on the sweater and got a little less than 1/2 done with the body. I've just started the cuff for the second sleeve and am about 15 rows in. No more spinning, though I've really been wanting to get back to that. I was avoiding it yesterday and today, though, because I like to treadle with my left foot (the bad one), and I have to card everything as I go, which is such a pain. No more blending fibers, I'm just going to buy them as I want them from now on. :)

I've started listening to two new podcasts; Brass Needles, which is scifi/knitting themed, and Stitches in Time, which has an excerpt from a turn of the century book for the first half, and then the knitting content of the host. I prefer the books to the knitting content, actually, but I'm still listening to the early episodes so I'm hoping that bit gets more interesting as you go along. Both are free on Itunes.

If you've been following my writing blog (Link in sidebar), I've begun updating it again. Sorry about the long break. Life happened in spades (again/continually) and it was more than I could handle. I had to skim back on a lot of things the last few months. I'm picking up now though: I'm trying to write and craft more, I'm working on the BJD podcast, I'm trying to updated here and on Etsy more (still working on that) and I'm picking up hours at work. It feels so good to be able to do things I enjoy again, I can't even begin to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment