Thursday, February 5, 2009

Meet Vanyel



Remember that Major Purchase I mentioned about a month ago that I didn't want to jinx? Well, this is it.

Vanyel is a Kromski Mazurka, which I purchased second hand from someone on Ravelry. I'm still learning, but here is the first bobbin I spun last night.


It took me about an hour and a half. I spun a second bobbin right away in natural white, and this morning I started plying them together.I've got about half a bobbin on the wheel right now.

Treadling is different. I originally wanted a double treadle, but I just couldn't say no to all of the wood turning. I try to use my left foot as often as possible, since I use my right for driving and my sewing machine. It's pretty smooth, and my biggest problem is that the wheel "travels" as I work. I'm going to get one of those no-slide mats and sew myself a little rug for it.

I've been doing a lot of dying when I'm not working on my thesis show, but not pictures yet. I've got a bit more to work on.

And in case you were wondering, yes, my new years resolutions/goals have gone out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment