Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fiber Reactive


Apparently, my addiction to fiber extends into papermaking.

This class started out very slowly (mostly because the instructor over-explains everything, but that might just be me), but now that we're getting into book making, I'm in love. Really. Maybe it's because I used to be a bibliophile, back when I had time for things like reading.


I'm a neurotic journal collector--I love to write, and buy empty notebooks, and now I get to MAKE empty notebooks! These here don't have too many pages in them (only eight, actually), because I had to use some 140 lb watercolor paper, which is pretty thick. Once I'm finished with this entry I'll be going to buy a few more sheets of Reeves lightweight to make some more, thicker books.


Once the semester is over, some of these books might show up in my Etsy store, but for now, I need to get graded on them. (speaking of the Etsy store, don't forget to check it out if you haven't already!)


I'm also experimenting with some stitching and embroidery on paper. This is a piece that I'm working on right now. I've also got a bit of beading in there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment