Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Breaking Point

Just for a little perspective on the cost of that week in the UK, a one way ticket to Florence was $1300, and a round trip ticket was $1200 (why on earth is a round trip ticket cheaper than one way? Why?).

Right now, I am shaking. I nixed the idea of a letter, but I didn't have the heart to tell my parents face to face over thanksgiving, so I'm trying to get a hold of them at home by phone, but no one is answering.

Thanksgiving was decent mixed with icky. There continue to be issues with my dad that I will not detail here. I'm to the point where I'm about to start chasing him around the house with sharp, steel needles until he gets himself back in line. I don't know if it's weakness or strength that my mom has stuck with him so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment