Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Insert Cheesy Happy Dance _Here_

If you are a student or under 25, then I have the most awesome site ever for you: http://www.statravel.com.

Thanks to them, I am going to Florence for under $600. Okay, so it's one way. But I don't want to come back, and if I ever do, then I'll just go back to the site and buy another ticket. Easy as pie. And it's still cheaper than all the other travel sites I tried--cheaptickets.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire (whom I will never shop through again), all of them wanted a minimum of $1250, and wouldn't let me fly one way. Well, booya! Take that! In your face! I have found the back door and I am using it!

I am going in today to set up a Chase account, so I can have international access to my money, and I'm still going to need a credit card to get that ticket, but I'd much rather charge $600 than $1300. Even with interest, the $600 won't be too hard to pay off once my loan check comes in.

Lately I have been going back and forth between wild, crazy excitement about this trip, and rocking-back-and-forth-in-a-corner anxious. I have to trust that things will work out, it will be okay, even when it doesn't feel like it. Like I always say, "Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." That's a quote from someone famous, but I can't remember who. I found it in a day planner a long time ago.

Anywho, that is where I stand with that. I figure my parents don't need to know it's a one way flight until....Oh, let's say March? Yeah. That sounds good. By then I should have been accepted to the University of Edinburgh Art School.

One step at a time. Just breathe.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEE*

*happy dance*

1 comment: