Monday, October 29, 2007

Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair

Obviously, this description does not apply to me. But, if you look over in the sidebar, you'll see a link to Crazy Aunt Purl.

Laurie Perry is the woman who writes that blog. CAP is the reason I got into the blogging community. I can't remember what I Googled, but I was looking up something knit-related one day, and came across the Cheeto Scarf (this is back in the Dec. 2005 archives, somewhere, I think). I started reading the blog, and couldn't stop. Laurie is halarious, and honest. I was hooked from the start.

Within the last few months, she has also released a book, based on the blog but with lots of new material. The book, Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair is available on Amazon. I picked up a copy this past weekend (though I will admit, I got mine from the library because I am broke). Almost everything she writes has a humerous twist, and the way her mind works is unbelievable. But, at the same time, it's also 100% dead on, which makes it even better.

Like I said, this is the blog that got me drawn into the world of knit blogging, and I think the most awesome thing that could ever happen to this blog would be for Laurie to leave a comment. That would be the end all be all for me.

So. Go out and buy or borrow this book. It really is a good read, even if you are neither drunk, divorced, nor covered in cat hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment